Thursday, October 29, 2020

Cutting Losses and Brutal Honesty: Why Being Real Matters

Penny Stock Millionaires

Cutting Losses and Brutal Honesty: Why Being Real Matters

  • What did I learn from my biggest loss in months … and how can you do better?
  • Even when you do everything right, a trade can still go wrong — especially in this volatile market. Here’s how to deal.
  • Is ‘hold and hope’ a strategy? Sure, if you want to blow up your account…

Recommended Link


The BIGGEST Election Summit of the Year

Read more here...

In the biggest election summit of the year…

Former CIA advisor Jim Rickards promises to reveal a SHOCKING election prediction. 

One that could tear America apart…

And send the markets into turmoil.

The BIGGEST Election Summit of the Year

Tim Sykes

Dear Penny Stock Millionaire,

I won’t lie … being real is a lot more fun when you’re winning. 

But part of being totally transparent is sharing your losses, too. That’s why I publicly post EVERY trade.

Recently, a trade went against me ... I had my biggest loss in months.

My haters were eating it up: ‘Sykes is blowing up!’ 

I don’t care what they say. Yeah, I had a big loss. And yeah, it sucked. But I stuck to my rules, cut losses quickly, and moved on. And you know what? I ended up being profitable on the day overall.* 

Too many new traders get traumatized by losses. They can’t cut the cord and move on. This is exactly why I’m being real about this loss — I want you to see that this stuff happens all the time in the stock market. 

Trades go against you, even if you do everything right. Let’s talk it out so you can understand why cutting losses is SO important and why it’s so important to stick to the rules.

(*Please note: My results, along with the results of my top students, are far from typical. Individual results will vary. Most traders lose money. My top students and I have the benefit of many years of hard work and dedication. Trading is inherently risky. Do your due diligence and never risk more than you can afford to lose.) 

Being Real About My Biggest Loss in Months 

A lot of so-called ‘gurus’ out there only post screenshots of their profits. You don’t know their account size. They don’t tell you things like their position size, entry, or risk. 

They definitely don’t tell you when they lose. 

They think they’re projecting an image of success, but really, they’re just hiding. Or even worse, they could be trying to take advantage of you.

I don’t hide anything. Being real means sharing everything — my entry, my position size, my exit, and my profit — or loss. 

I do this because nobody else does. When new traders follow these fakes then lose, they feel shame. They blame themselves. They think penny stocks are a scam.

I wanna normalize losses because they ARE normal in the stock market. Being real about my own losses is one of the ways I try to help my students understand this. 

Recommended Link


Are You Ready for the Great American Reset?

Read more here...

According to these two financial experts, something is about to happen that will change America forever…

Something they call “The Great American Reset of 2020.”

Click below for all the details and the 5 steps they recommend you take now.

Click Here to Learn More

It Happened So Fast…

Here’s how my biggest loss went down.

The trade was looking great. Everything was going according to my plan. I was up about 192%...*

But then, all of a sudden, Ambow Education Holding Ltd (NYSEAMERICAN: AMBO) crashed and halted.

The trade went against me. 

I hadn’t done anything wrong. I wasn’t trying some risky new strategy. It was one of my go-to setups, and I was following my own rules.

So when the trade went against me, I continued following my own rules — and cut losses quickly. 

Even so, I was in the red. In a matter of minutes, I’d lost over $4,000

But here’s the real kicker. After I cut losses, the stock spiked again. Check out the chart:

Chart

AMBO chart, spike, crash, then re-spike on September 28, 2020 — courtesy of StocksToTrade.com

If I’d stayed in the trade, I could have been profitable. But here’s the part I wish I could put in 2,000-point type... 

Cutting losses was NOT a mistake.

You Cannot Hold and Hope

Did you cringe when you read that part about how the stock re-spiked and how I could have been profitable? 

A lot of traders would lose their heads over it. They’d gorge on their own self-pity. 

I won’t say it felt good to see the stock re-spike and realize I could have made money instead of losing. After all, more profits mean more money for me to donate to charity. 

But cutting losses was actually the best decision.

In hindsight, it’s clear that the stock spiked again. But there was no way of knowing it would do that at the time.

The stock could have crashed and burned and my loss could have been even bigger. 

Point is — sure, maybe I could have made money if I’d done the ‘hold and hope’ thing just this once. But when you get in the habit of doing that, it’s like the kiss of death for your account...

It might not be this trade or the next one. But somewhere along the line, the bag-holder mentality will burn you. 

Recommended Link


MISSING: Bill Bonner's LAST and Most Important Book

Read more here...

Have America’s top booksellers refused to carry Bill Bonner’s final book?

You won’t find new copies of Win-Win or Lose at Barnes & Noble… And not a single copy is floating around on eBay.

In fact, the only used copy we could find was going for $79 on Amazon. 

Which is why Bill recently authorized us to take drastic steps to put a hard copy in your hands, essentially for free – as part of this limited-time offer.

To claim yours, click here.

Take the High Road: Cut Losses and Move On

When I had my biggest loss in months, I didn’t get angry about it or lose my mind or go get drunk. 

Tim Sykes Tweet

What did I do? I got right back on the horse. I moved on to lithium-ion battery plays and former runners from the previous week. When you fall off, you get right back on.

And I ended up being profitable on the day — I made about $7K overall*, even after my loss.

It takes a lot of hard work to find consistency in the market. But it’s worth it.

Follow the Rules...

I don’t love losing. But being real about my losses is so important … I need newbies to understand that it’s not all about winning. Everyone loses, no matter how long they’ve been in the penny stock game.

For whatever reason, this trade went against me. It happens — the stock market is not rational. Sure, I could have gotten lucky if I’d stayed in the trade this time. But it’s so important to get in the habit of following rules. It’s when you start breaking them that stuff goes wrong. 

Don’t complain. Don’t violate your own rules. If you’re losing, suck it up, cut your losses, and move on. Small gains that add up over time and minimizing your losses is the real key to longevity in the stock market. 

Do you understand why I cut losses on this trade?

Talk to you tomorrow,

Tim Sykes
Editor, Penny Stock Millionaires

P.S. Jim Rickards is planning on making an election prediction.

One that he’s promising will SHOCK you.

It’s all going to happen at a FREE event this Friday at 1 PM.

And I’d love you to come.

CLICK HERE to Attend the FREE Event

At this free event Nomi Prins and Jim Rickards will discuss what could happen IMMEDIATELY after the election…

And how you can prepare for it and protect your family.

If you miss this...

You could be cheating yourself of the BIGGEST opportunity of the year.

There’s no time to waste.

You’ll want to make sure to attend this FREE event.

CLICK HERE to Attend the FREE Event

Whitelist Us | Archive | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

*Results may not be typical and may vary from person to person. Making money trading stocks takes time, dedication, and hard work. There are inherent risks involved with investing in the stock market, including the loss of your investment. Past performance in the market is not indicative of future results. Any investment is at your own risk. See Terms of Service here.

Paradigm Press' Timothy Sykes' Penny Stock Millionaires is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We do not rent or share your email address. By submitting your email address, you consent to Paradigm Press delivering daily email issues and advertisements.

Paradigm Press© 2020 Paradigm Press, LLC. 808 Saint Paul Street, Baltimore MD 21202. Although our employees may answer your general customer service questions, they are not licensed under securities laws to address your particular investment situation. No communication by our employees to you should be deemed as personalized financial advice.

We expressly forbid our writers from having a financial interest in any security they personally recommend to our readers. All of our employees and agents must wait 24 hours after on-line publication or 72 hours after the mailing of a printed-only publication prior to following an initial recommendation. Any investments recommended in this letter should be made only after consulting with your investment advisor and only after reviewing the prospectus or financial statements of the company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Private investors pour $50 billion into booming sector… investment opportunity

Unstoppable megatrend driven by hundreds of billions in government spending ...