Friday, June 28, 2024

Breaking News: Biden addresses his disastrous performance: 'I don't debate as well as I used to'

Politico
Breaking News Alert

Biden addresses his disastrous performance: 'I don't debate as well as I used to'

RALEIGH, North Carolina — President Joe Biden attempted to calm the panic about the viability of his candidacy in the hours after his disastrous debate performance, telling supporters at a campaign rally on Friday that despite not being as young as he used to, "I know how to tell the truth."

"I know I'm not a young man, to state the obvious," he said, to a crowd of people cheering. "I don't walk as easy as I used to. I don't speak as smoothly as I used to. I don't debate as well as I used to. But I know what I do know: I know how to tell the truth. I know right from wrong. And I know how to do this job."

Read the latest

You received this email because you are subscribed to POLITICO's Breaking News Alerts and/or the alerts of a reporter of this story.
Download the mobile app for iOS or Android | Manage your alert settings | Unsubscribe
Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service
POLITICO, LLC, 1000 Wilson Blvd. Arlington, VA 22209, USA

No comments:

Post a Comment