Friday, March 11, 2022

Brandi Carlile Responds

Re: LGBTQ Protests

I'm making a statement today.

I can speak up BECAUSE of Elton… he taught me how all those years ago when I was 11 and he showed so many of us how joyful living out loud could be. There were many others like him each paving the way uniquely…and also paying the price for it.

I absolutely do remember when marriage equality was inconceivable… I was married without a license and couldn't get my wife a green card. I can see a clear possibility of losing marriage equality in this country state by state until it's no longer protecting families from the myriad of struggles that come from being "unrecognized" federally.

I hope that my kids will be allowed to learn about their family and families like ours in school… being "unrecognized" is not a burden I'd like to see carried forward and placed onto my children.

Xobc

--
Visit the archive: lefsetz.com/wordpress/
--
Listen to the podcast:
-iHeart: ihr.fm/2Gi5PFj
-Apple: apple.co/2ndmpvp
--
www.twitter.com/lefsetz
--
If you would like to subscribe to the LefsetzLetter,
www.lefsetz.com/lists/?p=subscribe&id=1

If you do not want to receive any more LefsetzLetters, Unsubscribe

To change your email address this link

No comments:

Post a Comment

Private investors pour $50 billion into booming sector… investment opportunity

Unstoppable megatrend driven by hundreds of billions in government spending ...