Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Missing the Point of Crypto

 
From the Desk of Don Yocham:    
      
A few years ago, I stepped back from investment advisory work and took some time to get to know crypto.

Bitcoin had been around for over 8 years at the time. I'd been watching and thinking about the implications of this technology since I first heard about it in late 2009 when I was immediately struck by its potential to transform society.

Plus, the whole "smart contract" thing fascinated me.

I was like a 45-year-old intern. There was a lot to learn. Crypto was finally gaining traction and I knew I'd better get up to speed.

So, I hoofed it a couple of hours in each direction to MeetUps in D.C. and Philly – and started my own in Baltimore. I wanted to get to know as many players in the space as I could. I couldn't wait to meet a bunch of like-minded, liberty-first folks like myself.

Well, that didn't happen.

All I ran into were lawyers and consultants hoping to peddle blockchain technology to governments, corporations, and industry groups. And the only way they could peddle their blockchain wares was to strip out the "permissionless" part.

 
To your success,
Disclaimer & Disclosures

The information in this email is intended for informational purposes only and does not guarantee specific results as there is a high degree of risk involved with trading. Also, our traders are real traders and may have financial interests in the companies discussed.  Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.

 
                                                           

This email was sent to edwardlorilla1986.paxforex@blogger.com by Long Weekend
495 Town Plaza | Ponte Vedra | FL | 32081
Forward to a friend | Manage Preferences | Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Private investors pour $50 billion into booming sector… investment opportunity

Unstoppable megatrend driven by hundreds of billions in government spending ...