Sunday, July 11, 2021

Rob's Diary: I went to church (really)

Happy Sunday Morning! ☀️

Today, I'm doing this presentation on Bank Lines.

I think you'll love it. Here's a link to join me.

Ok, now back to the news.

I went to church yesterday.

This is a big deal.

I believe in God, but we have a complicated and difficult relationship. 

More on that some other time. 

But for now, I just want to share something.

The sermon was all about "second chances".

A second chance to have the life you want.

A second chance to overcome addiction.

A second chance to rebuild relationships.

And I thought:

Well, I need second chances, too.

We all do.

So I would like to kindly and carefully suggest there are some easy steps to getting (and taking advantage of) a second chance.

And of course, we'll apply this to trading.

ROB BOOKER'S SHORT GUIDE TO SECOND CHANCES

1. End whatever habits led to needing the second chance in the first place. 

(for a trader, this means reducing one's trade size and having a restriction on how long a losing position can be held) 

2. Create a new physical habit to take its place.

(for a trader, this might - surprisingly - include really exhausting exercise daily, meditation, prayer, or something that re-connects you to a more patient and non-drunken monkey version of yourself).

3. Create a new daily morning routine with a checklist, and track your success in following it.

(for a trader, this might include checklists for: steps to create a watchlist; pre-trade steps to ensure your trade size is small; end of day checklist to ensure you are not holding a losing position overnight, etc).

And that's it.

That's what I have for now.

For me, step #2 is the most important.

I feel like when our minds and hearts are in the right place, your trading is, too.

And trading is far from the most important thing in life.

Maybe that's another step:

Making something besides trading the most important thing in our lives.

That's something to think about.

Maybe for another email later this week.

For now, I'd love to see you today - when I do my presentation on Bank Lines.

I think you'll like it.

We'll have a good time, and do some good for charity.

> Click here to register and attend (and I'll also send you the recording)

For now, I just want to say:

I love the heck outta you.

Rob


P.S.

Here are some links that you might like:

Subscribe to my YouTube channel here

Follow me on Instagram here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most important medical advance in 100 years

Artificial Intelligence is being harnessed to create breakthrough drugs no one has ever seen before. ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ͏  ...