Friday, July 30, 2021

Brought to You Again… By the Letter “F”

Investors are pouring back into vaccine stocks once again. What is the best stock to own for the weeks ahead? Garrett Baldwin breaks down one of his favorite plays and tells you why Quest Diagnostics is a screaming buy. Next week, I'll be handing you the stocks with the strongest balance sheets heading into August. But I wanted to take a moment to tell you about why you need to be actively trading one of my all-time favorite plays right now.
 
 
Brought to You Again… By the Letter "F"

Dear Reader,

Next week, I'll be handing you the stocks with the strongest balance sheets heading into August. But I wanted to take a moment to tell you about why you need to be actively trading one of my all-time favorite plays right now.

It's called Quest Diagnostics (DQX).

As you know, I'm boring when it comes to fundamentals. But, I like using the Piotroski F score to find companies that dramatically improve their balance sheets. So, this nine-point model helps me find the best fortress balance sheets in the market right now. Listen, if you can find a stock with a perfect F score, you know that this company isn't faking its results. You also understand that whatever business they operate in these days is succeeding in this economy.

Quest Diagnostics operates in blood testing, COVID-testing, and all things clinical lab results. The company recently reached an agreement with a partner to provide COVID testing for K-12 students. Remember, we're just a month away from schools opening again.

So, I'm expecting big things from this company. Now, I've named my top three COVID surge stocks for my Surge Point Trader subscribers this week.

But DGX is my gift to you.

Not only is this stock trading at a rock-solid valuation, but it is also rocking an Altman Z Score of more than 4. This metric – the Z score – is a probability measure of a company going bankrupt.

Anything under 2.5 is dangerous. On the other hand, I like anything over three because it offers a buffer.

DGX fits the bill.

Why F & Z Score Stocks

As I noted, companies with high F scores and Z scores have solid balance sheets. So, I'm very content to trade these stocks actively. When there is a dip, I like to buy a few shares. If I own at least 100 shares, I like to sell covered calls to create income and give myself a little downside protection. But when a company joins the list, I like to do cash-secured puts.
Sponsored Message
The End of Cable?

Lou Basenese believes that due to a recent breakthrough, Verizon and Comcast could finally see the end of their $27 billion chokehold on the American cable and Internet market.

Now, he says, you have the opportunity to learn how to claim a stake in this breakthrough... for just a few dollars.


Go right here to learn more>>

This means that I'll sell a put at a lower strike price to the underlying, current price. This put would give the buyer the right, but not the obligation, to sell me 100 shares for each put should make the share fall to or below the strike price by the expiration date.

It's a way for me to generate some income. Cash secured puts are also a way for me to pick my entry price should it hit that level while putting some cash (the premium) in my pocket.

The worst-case scenario is that I'm going to get to buy the stock I want to buy at the price I want to purchase it at in the future. The best case is that the stock rises, and I'm able to buy back that contract on the cheap and pocket the difference.

Either way, this is a winning, conservative strategy.

Enjoy your weekend,

Garrett Baldwin
Chief Analyst, American Markets

© 2021 Godesburg Financial Publishing, Inc.

DISCLAIMER:

COMMUNICATIONS FROM GODESBURG FINANCIAL PUBLISHING (GFP) AND EMPLOYEES ARE FOR EDUCATIONAL AND INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY – NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE: GFP and all the services it offers are for educational and informational purposes only and should NOT be understood to be securities-related offers or solicitations. None of GFP's communications should be considered or used as personalized investment advice. GFP recommends that you speak with a licensed professional before making any investment decision.

RESULTS PRESENTED ARE NOT NECCESSARILY TYPICAL OR VERIFIED: GFP communications may include information regarding the historical trading performance of gurus in their services (all verified by a third party), as well as testimonials of non-employees depicting profitable investments and trades that are believed to be true based on the representations of the persons providing the testimonial of their own free will. Please be aware that the claims regarding investing or trading results of non-employees are not tracked by GFP nor can they be verified. As always, past performance is not necessarily indicative of future results. Therefore, results presented in this email should NOT be considered TYPICAL. Actual results can and will vary based on everything from experience, ability, risk mitigation practices, and market volatility... to the amount of money exposed in the investment or trade. Investing and trading are speculative and carry serious risk. You may lose some, all - or possibly more - than your original investment or trade.

GODESBURG FINANCIAL PUBLISHING IS NOT AN INVESTMENT ADVISOR OR REGISTERED BROKER: GFP, including its owners and employees, are NOT registered as securities broker-dealers, brokers, or any sort of registered investment advisors with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any state securities regulatory authorities, or any self-regulatory organizations.

GODESBURG FINANCIAL PUBLISHING EMPLOYEES MAY HOLD SECURITIES DISCUSSED: If a writer holds any securities in a communication, it will be disclosed along with the information on the potential investment or trade. GFP, its owners or employees, have not been - or ever will be - paid by the issuer of a security mentioned in our services or communications. GFP, its owners and employees are paid entirely or in part from commissions based on sales of their services to subscribers.

For more information, please visit our disclaimer page here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Private investors pour $50 billion into booming sector… investment opportunity

Unstoppable megatrend driven by hundreds of billions in government spending ...