Saturday, July 15, 2023

A practical lesson in the pitfalls of “buy and hold”

What I warned you of 12 months ago has come true
image

On July 15, 2022, Google did something that altered the playing field for retail investors everywhere.

It split its shares 20/1, meaning that shares of stock that used to cost around $2,000 could now be had for just $100.

And, understandably, there was a flood of new investors racing to buy up shares of the blue chip stock at a new, affordable rate.

But if you were paying attention to me back then, I urged caution

Stock splits might seem like a great way to buy up stocks on the cheap, but in reality, they can often be a "false flag" that lures unsuspecting traders into troubled waters.

So I warned everyone who would listen that traders who rushed into GOOG expecting that the price would skyrocket after the stock split might be sorely disappointed.

Now that a year has past, let's take a look at where we are…

image

Over the last year, GOOG is up a fairly modest 12% — and a bunch of that came during a big gap up on Thursday, which moved the stock nearly 5% higher.

Now, I won't mislead you… 12% in a year is certainly a fine investment, and it's better than anything you'll get at a bank these days.

But what if I told you that you could be targeting regular income to lower your cost basis in owning GOOG stock, all while still building a portfolio of the greatest stock in the world (if you want?)

See, the advice I gave then is just as true now, and so I'm bringing it back for traders who missed this the first time around.

See the original warning I gave traders 12 months ago…

And learn (in my opinion) a smarter way to trade this blue chip stock.

Trade well,

Jack Carter

Unsubscribe

Superior Information 300 Center Drive #G140 Superior, Colorado 80027 United States

No comments:

Post a Comment

22 spring outfit ideas to fight fashion-decision fatigue

Your Horoscope For The Week Of May 13 VIEW IN BROWSER ...