Monday, December 27, 2021

"I'm going to fight him..."

Shield

AN OXFORD CLUB PUBLICATION

 
Wealthy Retirement

SPONSORED

Larry Kudlow: "If You're Worried About Inflation, Do THIS Now!"

If You're Worried About Inflation
 

Two Ph.D. professors say one approach could create a "never-ending income stream." Larry Kudlow investigates here.

Editor's Note: Working hard and enjoying the rewards... it's one of the cornerstones of the American Dream.

Today, Chief Income Strategist Marc Lichtenfeld shares the story of his encounter with a teen who hasn't yet learned this lesson.

But many Americans have worked hard for years to meet their goals - especially Americans who are in or near retirement.

These folks know how important it is to be able to enjoy the fruits of their years of work - and not have to continue "working their tail off" in their golden years.

If this describes you, check out Marc's latest conversation with Larry Kudlow, former economic advisor to Presidents Ronald Reagan and Donald Trump.

Inflation is raging - and 60 million U.S. retirement accounts are in its crosshairs. No one who's worked for a secure retirement should have to lose it all to reckless government spending.

That's why these two experts have come up with a plan... one that could help everyday investors finally reap the rewards of their hard work, thanks to two groups of high-performing stocks...

Click here to learn more.

- Rachel Gearhart, Associate Publisher

How an Arrogant Teen Drove Me to the Edge

Marc Lichtenfeld, Chief Income Strategist, The Oxford Club

Marc Lichtenfeld

I threw the car back into park, unstrapped my seat belt and announced, "I'm going to go fight him." There was silence... and then laughter. My children knew I wasn't going after a schoolmate of theirs, even though his comment was obnoxious.

We had been walking through the parking lot. It was a beautiful Florida night, about 73 degrees with a slight breeze and no humidity. We had just left my daughter's water polo game where, as a freshman, she started on varsity for the first time and played well. We were all in a good mood.

The kids were talking to someone they knew from school. As we got to the car, the acquaintance said in an unflattering tone, "Nice Honda."

I've written before about some money lessons I've taught my children and mentioned that cars are not that important to me.

Their school has a lot of kids from wealthy families. The student parking lot is filled with BMWs, Mercedes and Audis.

I drive a 2017 Honda Accord, the subject of the entitled Beemer-driving brat's scorn.

The car I had before this one was nicer. I didn't downgrade because I had fallen on hard times. Instead, something far worse happened.

My dad passed away unexpectedly a few summers ago. The Honda was his car. And as you may know, death does not get you out of a lease contract. My mom was on the hook for the remainder of the lease.

So I sold my car and took over the lease. Sure, we could have given the car back to the dealer (while still paying the lease) and I could have driven a more expensive vehicle, but that's not how I was raised. We're paying for the car, so we're going to use it until the lease is up. Once it is, I'll get something different.

To be honest, I hate that damn car. It drives well, but it doesn't have many of the features of my old car. But mostly, I hate the reason I have it.

Fortunately, my kids get it. They weren't embarrassed that their old man drives a Honda while their friends' cars cost more than double the price. They understand that not keeping the Honda would be a waste of thousands of dollars, and they know that while a car can be fun, it does not define who I am or who they are.

SPONSORED

HUGE Overnight Gain on a Slack "Win-Both-Ways Trade"

We just hit a big, fast moneymaker on Slack Technologies.

Regular investors lost 17% in a flash...

But my readers walked away with fists of cash.

Grant V. said he made a "net 130% in three minutes!"

And newbie Steve C. said, "$1,200 profit [31% gain] on my second day of trading."

See how it's done here.

They also realize that we prioritize how we spend our money. We could have bought a bigger house, but we decided to buy a smaller one and put in our dream pool and patio.

I could have a nicer car, but instead, we spend money on family trips that I know my kids will tell their children about some day - and summer programs for them that provided them with amazing and unique experiences they'll remember their whole lives.

There's nothing wrong with a nice car if that's what makes you happy; I just like other things more and spend my money accordingly.

What does make me happy is that my kids know that we have everything we do because my wife and I worked our tails off for it. I've been working since I was 16 years old (10 years old if you count shoveling snow in winters). I work long hours. My wife and I are diligent savers and investors.

My kids know all this - not because we browbeat them (though I do regale them with tales of exciting adventures from my snow-shoveling days anytime the temperature dips below 60 degrees), but because they see us working and hear us discussing investments and spending at the dinner table.

Recently, we took my mom out for her birthday. The restaurant was a bit pricey. My daughter was sitting next to me when the bill came. Her eyes opened wide. "That's a lot of money!" she exclaimed. I acknowledged that it was.

"Thanks, Dad," she said with genuine gratitude. I guarantee that she cherished that nice dinner out with her family more than the snot-nosed kid appreciated his $60,000 car.

Good investing,

Marc

P.S. Smart financial and budgeting practices are great lessons to pass on to your kids. Recently, I've been excited to see my oldest get more and more interested in investing.

I told him about my dividend investing strategy, and I've already been able to help him get started. He's already building enough income to make a real difference in his college savings... never mind what his portfolio will look like decades from now!

If you want to enjoy a richer and more prosperous retirement by fighting back against a devalued dollar and rising prices, click here to learn more.

Former National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow and I recently discussed a strategy everyday folks can use to earn income in their golden years and increase their buying power year after year.

This strategy worked for my son, and it can work for you.

SPONSORED

Is This Strange Device the Linchpin of the 5G Revolution?

Strange Device
 

As This Device Helps Fuel 5G's 120-Fold Rise Over the Next Four Years, the $8 Tech Stock Behind It Could SKYROCKET. (The Full Story Here...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Perfect Under $10 AI Stock

Forget the big cap AI stocks... this is the one to own for the next decade. ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ...