Tuesday, July 20, 2021

The value of real assets...

 
From the Desk of Don Yocham:  

Last week, a grand total of $333 hit my checking account.

I didn't work for it. I didn't apply for it. I shouldn't qualify for it. But because my wife and I chose to have kids nearly 20 years ago, I guess I can expect a check like this every month.

So, after a lifetime of earning my own keep, I finally ended up on the dole – despite my best efforts.

No matter. Who am I to turn down free money? Besides, they got those dollars from me in the first place. And this monthly stipend now gives me the perfect excuse to take the family out to a nice dinner – with a toast to Uncle Sam, of course.

But that's a "short-sighted, what's in it for me right now" perspective.

And I'm not here to help you see what's right in front of your nose. The payoffs, like picking up nickels in front of steam rollers, are fleeting with far more risk than reward.

I am here, though, to help you unpack the long-term implications of a handful of major trends. Trends that will not only reshape every aspect of our lives over the next few years but will also lead to a historically unprecedented transfer of wealth.

And when money is free, you'll find big payoffs in owning something Real…

You Don't Value Something Free

When money is free for long enough, you'll soon find those monthly checks don't go as far as they once did.

And once we arrive at that inevitable point, the short-sighted puppet masters in D.C. have only one solution – make the checks bigger.

Which, again, leads back to the exact same place.

It's a circular logic that only a politician and their mindless subjects can love.

But, despite my short-term pragmatism – and what's more pragmatic than food? – I can see where this train is headed.

And, trust me, you don't want a ticket to ride this train.

That's because going long free money is like owning the tokens you find at an arcade.

They only hold their value in a closed system. But once you leave the arcade, they are worthless.

And when you hold a lot of cash or lend dollars to receive them back in the future – which is what you do when you buy a bond – you are long dollars.

Instead, you want to go short dollars. And the best way to short dollars over the long-term is to own assets that deliver Real returns.

The Real Asset Game

Real Assets are hard. You can touch them. And they are useful.

Real estate, precious metals, timber, farmland, infrastructure; these are all real assets.

They can't be printed out of thin air and given to people as a paycheck in exchange for nothing. It takes effort to make real assets useful. So, their supply only increases slowly, if at all.

Stocks can be Real Assets too. But that depends on the degree of pricing power the company exercises over the goods they sell. The more pricing power they possess, the more the stock will act like a real asset.

And, tomorrow, I'll tell you a simple way to play several of the real assets I mentioned above at once. It's a set-it-and-forget-it play, so expect some volatility. But ultimately, the payoff will be in direct relation to the inevitable flood of dollars we can expect to see over the next two years.

To your success,
Don
Disclaimer & Disclosures

The information in this email is intended for informational purposes only and does not guarantee specific results as there is a high degree of risk involved with trading. Also, our traders are real traders and may have financial interests in the companies discussed.  Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.

 
                                                           

This email was sent to edwardlorilla1986.paxforex@blogger.com by Long Weekend
495 Town Plaza | Ponte Vedra | FL | 32081
Forward to a friend | Manage Preferences | Unsubscribe

No comments:

Post a Comment

22 spring outfit ideas to fight fashion-decision fatigue

Your Horoscope For The Week Of May 13 VIEW IN BROWSER ...