Monday, January 4, 2021

Annual Report 2020

Hello Amazing

Very often the world wants us to be goal oriented. We ask kids what they want to be when they grow up. We expect ourselves to know our desired destination in life and we make plans for the steps we need to take in order to get there. It's a kind of rational logic that we can apply to our career, our family and our lives.

I'm a huge believer in this. So much of what I help people with is applying this kind of approach to a specific situation.

However, I think there's a risk that we forget that this isn't the only approach. There are things in life where we may not be able to know the destination. We may think we know what we want but we can't really verify if it's real or just something we've been taught by society to desire. Is it really that important to lose weight or get that next promotion? The goal oriented approach can't solve this.

One of the things I get from writing my personal Annual Report is a reminder that there is another approach. Because I don't have a specific goal with writing it. It's not a step in a master plan, which is supposed to lead me somewhere in particular. Instead, I'm writing it exactly because I don't know where it might lead me, but I enjoy making it and sharing it, and I believe that I might find something interesting if I keep doing it.

It isn't random. But it's completely opposite of starting with the destination and mapping out the steps. It's starting with the steps and practicing those steps deliberately and repeatedly, while remaining open to where it actually takes me.

The 2020 Annual Report is the 10th report I've written and they've changed and evolved over the years. This year I've been less concerned with documenting events and more focused on writing about the things that gave me energy this past year.

I'm excited to share it with you.

Much love

Mathias

Download Annual Report 2020 as PDF

Copyright (C) 2021 Think Clearly. All rights reserved.

You are receiving this email because you opted in via my Think Clearly website.

Think Clearly
Robert Jacobsens Vej
Copenhagen S 2300
Denmark

Add us to your address book

Update Preferences | Unsubscribe

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment

22 spring outfit ideas to fight fashion-decision fatigue

Your Horoscope For The Week Of May 13 VIEW IN BROWSER ...